Sunday, March 18, 2012

Teach a man to fish....

....and he eats for a lifetime. Well, I have always loved that saying, scripture, whatevah...and I think it is fitting here. We are not fishing, but we have gotten our garden started.  Kendra is home this weekend, so all of us were out there helping. The projects we do as a family are twice as nice. Anyway, my husband tilled up a small area to get us started. So far, we have planted six tomato plants and 2 rows of collard greens. We were worried about deer, and I sat down in a lawn chair and was gazing into the woods. I noticed some wire things in the just out in the woods a bit...TOMATO CAGES!!!! YAY!!! Tomato cages from heaven!! So then we dug circles around the tomato plants and put the cages around them. Nah nah nah nah nah! Take that deer!!

Today, peppers, squash, cucumbers, and who knows what else.....hubby is heading out to buy more!!!!! Kendra wants sunflowers, and I think that is a great idea!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! We are starting up our garden too... love, love, love the sunflowers. We make hedges with them! Enjoy the family projects.

    ReplyDelete