Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Should Be in the O"Limp"ics!!!

Well, I think I am in another full blown Sjogren's flair. I woke this morning at 0515 with horrible reflux. You know, the kind that wakes you up by coming out of your nose. I know, I do NOT have to be so graphic, buy why should I spare you the details? I am the one living with the boiling hot acid shooting out of my nose and throat as I try to make it to the bathroom in time, and YES it IS that bad and that is with the 3 different medications I am taking. Sounds fun huh? Anyone want to change places with me? I did not think so.

My eyes and mouth are always dry, but for the last 2-3 days I have awakened with the feeling that the insides of my eyelids are lined with sandpaper. Every time I blink I can almost hear my lids rasping over my poor red eyes. They look like I have been riding in a van with Cheech and Chong for about a month. That would be much more pleasant than what I am truly experiencing. My mouth is just as dry as my eyes, so I have been drinking probably more than a gallon of water a day, but it only helps for a few minutes. I COULDN'T spit on you if you were on fire, so PLEASE be careful with the lighters and matches around me ok?

Lastly, since Sjogren's attacks moisture making glands it also attacks my joints periodically. It usually prefers my hands and feet for some reason, but this time it has gotten those plus my right hip. It is killing me. Maybe I need to an extra gallon of water for the hip. LOL I am going to floating if I drink anymore water not to mention washing all of my potassium out again and ending up in the hospital again.

So, I will still defy gravity, but I am doing so with a slight limp. Adds character I think or maybe I just look like a 42yo with a limp. HaHaHa. I'm still not going to let it get me down though. I would be hell in a "Walking in a circle" contest, but for now I am still content with Defying Gravity!

No comments:

Post a Comment