Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sugah....Aww, Honey, Honey.......

I know it has been a while since I have written here and a lot has changed. Sadly, Micah the Puppy did not work out, so we are back down to Lily, which is fine by me. I have been really sick. Sjogren's has been kicking my ass full time, and my Rheumatologist has put me on Methotrexate which in higher doses is used to treat cancer. It is helping my pain, but on the flip side it is making my GI symptoms and fatigue worse. One step forward two steps back....

Soooo, Friday, I went to my Endocrinologist. Yeah, my Blood Sugar was 401. Bad Geri. The thing is, I had not eaten anything since the night before. He gave me Lantus 25units and Novolog 10units in the office and started me on them both at home with the Novolog being on a sliding scale as to what my sugar is. He also started me on another medication called Bydureon, which I inject once a week. My cortisol levels were also very low due to the Pituitary Tumor that I have, so two more medications for me to take for that.

Yesterday my fasting blood sugar was 357, and this morning it was 137 (GO ME!!!) Keeping it regulated is going to be my biggest challenge yet. I have difficulty eating due to the Sjogren's, and my meals are sporadic and sometimes non-existence, because I have no appetite at all. However, I will keep checking my blood sugar, and eat what I can, when I can, and do the best I can.

On the Flip Side, I've lost a lot of weight from being a metabolic nightmare, but I wouldn't recommend my weight loss program...

No comments:

Post a Comment