Sunday, November 28, 2010

D-Day...

Although I had to take my husband back to the airport last Sunday, today is actually the day we have been dreading. He has been away from us for many weeks now, but at least I know he has been safe. Today things change a bit for us. Today he boards a plane for a 20 hr flight. I don't know when I will hear from him again, but I know I will. He is very nervous about going. It is the sense of the unknown.

Over the past few years life has thrown us many curves, and it hasn't always been pleasant. This is just another bump in the road, and I hope the next year flies by. So much can happen in a year. I miss him already.....

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you and the kids, it is going to be a long year, especially around the Holidays. Take lots of pictures, write lots of letters, you know the drill, send care packages as often as you can - thinking how he will enjoy and share the contents, will help move the time along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you miss him Geri. And what we can offer are prayers for you, for the children, for his safekeeping. I'm convinced he is better off knowing he has his loving family awaiting him back home. That's a huge blessing.

    ReplyDelete