Sunday, June 9, 2013

Glamour Shots and a Tale from Addison's Acre....

While I was in the hospital my husband made his regular grocery run, and a woman was in there peddling photography sessions to be done in the store. My sweet husband, knowing that he and I had never had our picture taken together professionally, gladly paid the ten dollars for the minimum package, and signed us up. So today, we get all dressed up and go to Kroger to have our picture taken. I'm thinking we would have a choice of back drops, props, etc... Boy was I wrong. LOL There was one back drop that was a kind of sun burst and black. Thankfully, our outfits did not clash too badly with it. The photographer looked like a homeless man and smelled like one too. Needless to say, I was on the verge of maniacal laughter the entire time, and so was my husband. At least he and I looked pretty good, but I cannot wait until these pictures come back! According to Ned the Wino that will occur on July the 2nd. It was definitely the most interesting trip I have ever had to ANY grocery store EVER!

There is never a dull moment on Addison's Acre. My husband and I have been noticing some interesting behavior from a murder of crows that live on our land. They have been congregating around the goldfish pond, and at first we thought they were eating the fish, because they were dipping their heads in the water. However, we noticed that they had something in their beaks that they were dipping in the water, and it was big and white. After they would dip the big white thing they would then put it on the rocks and consume it. We decided to walk out and get a better look at what they were eating. Once we got out there of course they flew away, and what we saw on the rocks was BREAD! They were getting bread from someone else's yard, and they were bringing it back to dip in the fish pond to soften it up to make it easier to eat. Those are some intelligent birds! Nature never ceases to amaze me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment