Friday, February 18, 2011

Some people....

Soooo, this morning, 0730, text message, "are u clear to work yet?"

Me: Nope. Don't see the MD til next Wed. If I had been clear, I would have been back not killing all of my vacation time.

Now tell me, Why would I be just sitting on my ass at home while my children are at school, and my husband is coming home at the END of April using up all my vacation time? I literally will have NONE left, and will actually end up probably not getting a check at all towards the end. NOT my fault, I had surgery. Why is this concept so hard for people to understand? At the hospital where I work our vacation time does not carry over to the next year. We use it or lose it, so you are given a set amount and that is it. SO, mine is getting burned up very quickly.

Sorry for the vent, but after all, what is a blog for?

2 comments:

  1. ACK! I had surgery last year and also was out of work for about 5 weeks. Our benefits REQUIRE us to go on short term disability and we are NOT allowed to burn vacation time...well, except the first 5 days are from vacation time.... still, my checks came from the UNUM or whatever that provides the short term disability insurance.

    That was a silly question, at the very least, presumably from someone who should know better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are losing that precious vacation time! That really bites!

    ReplyDelete