Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's Been A While

I know I haven't written in a while, but I have been busy with doctors appointments, school, and sleeping. I know sleeping isn't considered an activity. It is more of an inactivity, but it is a necessary evil sometimes. Fatigue is a part of this demon I am fighting, and actually it is one of the worst parts. The other worst part is the brain fogginess and memory loss. All of the other symptoms they have a treatment for, but the ones I find the most bothersome and frustrating I have to just deal with.

So yesterday I visited the eye doctor to have my yearly exam. I felt like I would need bifocals, but I was not expecting the results that I actually got. My vision has deteriorated to the point that WITH my glasses my left eye was 20/80 and my right eye was 20/100. I also have little to no peripheral vision, and of course I need bifocals. So, the doctor said that she wants to get an official referral from my primary doctor to conduct additional testing. So, I go to the eye doctor tomorrow to have that done, and depending on the results I may have to visit my neurologist ASAP instead of my appointment which is the first week in August.

So, Zac starts school on Monday, and we have Kendra's orientation at UGA the 1st and 2nd of August. She moves into her dorm the 8th of August, and she starts classes on the 13th of August. GO DAWGS!

GO ME!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the eye doctor today. Hope it is an easy fix, or at least provides more information as to what is the root cause for all of this. The syndrome definitely sounds horrible, and I certainly hope you can quickly move to at least a "remission" state with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy. I'm hoping for remission as well since there is no cure. It is a hard pill to swallow to go from 100-0 in basically 1 day. I'm trying to keep my happy face on, but it is tough. My eyes are taking me to the neurologist I'm afraid. I'm hoping my new glasses will help my vision. Right now, with my old prescription, I can see as far as my computer screen, and that is it. At least I have that. LOL

    ReplyDelete