Thursday, January 21, 2010

Early...

...Morning is my favorite time of the day. There is nothing like waking to a fresh new day. It doesn't matter if the sun is shining or if it is pouring down rain. It is the realization that I've made it through another night and managed to end up on THIS side of the dirt that makes me smile. So far this morning I've done 3 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, and gotten the kids off to school. Those tasks may seem trivial, but I feel very accomplished. Accomplished NOT in the "chores" I have done, but in the children I am raising and the family that God has given me.

This morning it is raining, and once again I am thankful for being alive. As the rain comes down I'm in awe of it's healing qualities and power. How can something be so essential to ALL living things, yet hold the power to destroy those same things in an instant? The duality of life. Good v/s Evil. The ability of ALL things to become one or the other at any given time. Life is amazing, and I intend to enjoy EVERY aspect of it!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely and calming thoughts Geri. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you too Myra! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely not related to your post(which I relate too totally!), I like your new background color!

    ReplyDelete