Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Life as I Know it...

I am a pretty cut and dried person. I'm very opinionated to a fault, and I can freely admit this. I had a long conversation with a friend today that has been going through some very hard times and did something they are not proud of to try to alleviate the stress. Having seen people NOT close to me fall into this behavior made me very angry, and I considered it almost unforgivable. Today, I had to eat the very words I have spoken for many years. It happened to someone that I think a lot of and would have never thought would fall into that "trap." I sent up a silent prayer asking for forgiveness for being so judgmental in the past, and I spoke with my husband at length about the situation. I now realize that it could happen to anyone, and I should be more tolerant. It will be hard for me to NOT have such strong feelings about it, but I will be sure from now on to step back and take a good hard look BEFORE making any judgments. After all, we are only ONE decision away from the wrong one...

1 comment: