Sunday, August 15, 2010

Well I'll Be a Monkey's...Aunt?

I just noticed that I have made (counting this one) 102 post into this blog. Kewl huh? Well, it is to me. I know that not everyone is interested in my day to day life, and I don't expect them to be, but it helps me to remember what is going on in the continuum that is my life. Sometimes I get so busy and bogged down in the "everyday" that I tend to forget the little things that I find humorous or that rile me up or that I find particularly poignant or touching. I try to write them here as they happen, and I can go back and read about them later.

This morning, my husband and I were enjoying some quiet time, before Zac woke up. My husband loves hunting and fishing shows. He loves to fish, but as far as hunting I have never known him to go, but I think he would enjoy it. He loves the quiet and the outdoors. He never turns down venison that is offered by his friends at work, so maybe upon his return from the Middle East I will surprise him with a hunting rifle and some hunting gear. He is always invited by his friends, but has never taken them up on it, because he has never been outfitted to go. Since he will miss Christmas, I think I can buy him a rifle, cammo, and other hunting essentials and have them wrapped and waiting for him to open when he gets home. He would definitely NOT be expecting that, but I think he would enjoy the surprise.

Anyway, that is my random musing for today. I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday. I'm living and loving my life. I am blessed beyond measure.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday, Geri!
    I blog, because I like to talk, I guess and maybe for the memories that my children are not interested in hearing about now. I would give my left arm to know the various things that went on in my parents lives before I can I could remember. They just never talked about stuff like that when I was in earshot.
    Hunting gear sounds great for a Christmas gift - just don't forget about the blaze orange vest!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great Sunday too Sharon! I'll never forget the Blaze Orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I blog for the same reason. And I find it therapeutic. My mother used to keep a diary...I was never very good at that. The blog is less private and still personal. I like that. I certainly enjoy reading others' blogs as well....

    Keep defying gravity... it's always more fun than just "going with the flow."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judy. I find I don't mind sharing my private thoughts. You never know who may be going through something similar, and who may actually benefit from what you blog about. I enjoy reading other's blogs too. I have learned alot about myself that way, and a lot about other people as well.

    ReplyDelete