Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Fudge...

I cannot take credit for this exact recipe, because I got the original from a friend a work who's name is Gerrie Hall. She made this great fudge and brought it in at Christmas time. It reminded me of the candy that my mom made when I was a child, so I asked her if I could have her recipe and she gave it to me. I have tweaked it here and there, but here is the recipe which in itself is to die for.

2 cups of sugar

4 Tablespoons of cocoa powder

1/2 cup milk (I use whole milk, but I guess you could use skim or 2%)

1 stick of melted butter

1/2 cup of peanut butter

1 cup of nuts (I use pecans)

1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal

Combine sugar and cocoa. Add milk and melted butter and cook on high til mixture comes to a boil. Boil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Peanut Butter, Nuts, and Oats. Drop by rounded Teaspoons onto wax paper and let harden. Store in airtight container and enjoy til your heart is content!

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY! a diet snack! right?
    (say yes and I'll fund your firstborn's college years)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why YES, YES IT IS! Loads of fibre!! LOL

    ReplyDelete