Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Just One Christmas...

I woke up early this morning with my husband. Too early in fact, but I have been having trouble sleeping. My doctor says to just get up when that happens, so I did, fixed myself a cup of coffee, sat down, and turned on the old lap top to check facebook. I check my notifications first I think probably most "facebook people" do that, LOL, and then I see a post by my best friend in the world Tamara A. that says, "I wish I could spend ONE Christmas with my sister Geri Lynn Addison, just once!" I went there and immediately typed the word "AMEN," but the more I thought about it I went back and typed, "I would be happy for any day of the year at this moment." You see Tamara and I have never met face to face. 

This is how it all got started....Once upon a time, LOL, nah, I will not take you there that way. When I first moved to LaGrange, Ga. I really had no friends. I had work friends, but no other friends, and I got into ebay big time buying things for the house. It was then that I noticed that ebay had a blog. I had NO idea what a blog was back then, and I was, still am, pretty computer illiterate. I clicked on the blog early one morning when I did not have to work, and I found a wonderful group of people chatting about their sales, what they were selling, their families, etc... It was if they really knew each other. I made a profile and jumped in feet first introducing myself. At that time, I had never sold a thing I was just a buyer, and they were primarily sellers.

About a month into the blogging, I had met a couple of women that I connected with, and we chatted on yahoo messenger about things other than blogging. Family, men, work, and other things. It was then that I get a messenger request from a name I did not recognize, so I asked who it was and she told me. Now, at this point, we had only had limited encounters on the blogs, she was a graphics designer, but I knew right away that we had the same sense of humor (scary I know) and we just clicked on every level. 

People talk about their spouse or the love of their life being their soul mate, but I believe a friend can be that person as well. The amount of things that she and I have in common is scary. I will keep those between us as they are personal, but the biggest obstacle to our friendship is logistics. See, she is in California and I am in Georgia. Though we talk daily either on the computer or telephone we have never seen each other face to face. We've never "done lunch" although we joke about it. I'll call her and say, "I'll be there in 10 min be ready to go to lunch." It has never happened.

We have been friends since 2006, and I honestly hope 2013 will be our year. One tidbit of info I will give out is that we do share a birthday, so maybe this will be our year to celebrate together. We've been planning it for years, I think it is time that we quit planning and start doing. We do both need stamps on our Passports.....

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait until you two DO get to meet face to face. I know you'll have a great time! I came SOOOO close to meeting up with her when I was in her neck of the woods, about two years ago, but the silly thing called work managed to make my timing too difficult to coordinate something. Next time I have the opportunity to be in that area, I'll definitely be interested in meeting for a bite to eat.... same goes for the next time I find myself heading down around your next of the woods.... I love meeting the bloggers from those fun years. I sincerely hope the two of you "sisters" are able to spend more than a day together sometime very soon!

    Have a wonderful Day, Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy! I hope we do too. I have had the pleasure of meeting and having lunch with Tim York (tryork) We had a great lunch and a great time. The first thing he said to me was, "Gosh, you are a tiny little thing." LOL Of course, He is as tall as a mountain. LOL. I can't wait to meet Tams though. I know it will be like old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So 3 months later I'm reading your blog :P And you know how "we" are. I see a link in FB and click it and I swear think to myself "I need to tell her to make her blog more about ME" as a joke, as we do.... and I see this.

    Anyways, I'm out of kleenex!

    ReplyDelete