Friday, May 14, 2010

Sometimes my Mind Wanders and Wonders...

I am actually chuckling to myself right now. Having just responded to Amy's post about the 411 "robot lady," and her not taking offense at being hung up on, I was reminded of the numerous times that I have accidently bumped into a store mannequin, and before I knew what I was doing found myself saying, "Excuse me" or "OH, I'm so sorry." Life is a funny thing. I think it is all in how we are raised. I was raised saying "yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir and no sir," and I find that many people get offended when I use these terms. I do use them everyday in my work, and to me it is a sign of respect. It doesn't matter to me if you are younger, older, or the exact same age as I am. I am amazed at the number of youth today that are being brought up with NO manners at all. I find this so frustrating, and if I found out that my children were disrespectful to anyone in authority it would mean a total throttling for them. No parents, it is not cute for your toddler to tell you "NO" and pitch a fit. It only gets worse as they get older. So, next time you bump into a mannequin, don't forget to apologize...LOL, it just MAY be a real person.

No comments:

Post a Comment